CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Top 5 songs

This week's topic is all about your top 5 songs. Either your 5 favorite...or 5 that mean the most to you. This was a hard one...but I really enjoyed thinking of 5 songs that mean so much. I think these 5 songs say a lot about who I am~

"Put Your Dreams Away" Mickey Gilley
This is "Our Song." Here is the story: Pat and I were driving out to a party for..oh who knows what. I did not feel good, but Pat was in a great mood. We were listening to 105.7 (the Rebel) and this song came on. I am not sure if I had ever heard it before….but I know I had never listened to the words. Pat said to me, "this song makes me think of you, baby. I want you to put your dreams away…"
Anyway, sweet lyrics. I couldn't help but include my favorite parts. The words "put your dreams away" are inscribed on the inside of Pat's wedding ring.

Every now and then Someone comes to you And somehow you know A dream has just come true.

Chorus: Well, here it is baby And what I'm trying to say Here I am, darling You can put your dreams away.

Put your dreams away Just lay beside me Take all this love That's here inside me. Here's all the dream You'll ever need.
Put your dreams away Rest them on my shoulder Darling, the search is over If you wanna love That's here to stay You can put your dreams away.


"One" by Metallica

This is the first song that made me start liking "hard" metal. Sounds silly, I know...but I listened to this song and loved it. I thought I was so tough and cool. (Hey, I was in like 6th grade...back off.) This song still makes me smile...which is odd considering what it is about.


"Steal My Sunshine" by Len

What a fun song! It reminds me of every road trip I have ever taken. Jennifer always puts it on the play list...just for me! It is a very happy song, and I think that reflects my personality...most of the time.


Texas Tech Fight Song

I doesn't matter if it is game time or not, I LOVE this song. It always gets me going. My son likes it, too! Fight Raiders Fight!


"The Rainbow Connection" Kermit the Frog

I really like every version of this song. It is the first song on the CD I made for Thatcher that we keep in the car. Also, another version is on the CD that Little Patrick made for Thatcher. Pat and I even found a version with Willie singing...which is awesome! It totally makes me feel like a kid again. AND it is beautiful.

That's it...for the lovers, the dreamers and me!


9 comments:

Kendra said...

I love your top 5!! You put mine to shame!

Kerry Kern said...

oh that is sweet on your #1. yall are so cute

Jennifer Adling said...

You did great...now I ahve to work hard on mine....

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Seriously, did you really have to make me cry? I don't just have tears in my eyes...I have tears streaming down my face. I never knew that about Pat's ring...that's one of the greatest and most romantic things I have ever heard!! Love Rainbow Connection too and I will probably have to steal the Fight Song!! Love you!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I've never heard that song you have as #1. But I LOVE the story. And of course, gotta LOVE the Tech Fight Song!

Stephanie said...

Oh oh oh! I love Kermit the Frog and I love that that's one of your top 5! :)

Kim said...

What a hard topic huh!! Okay lovelovelove the story behind the Mickey Gilley..thats really sweet. And are you kidding me ONE, is like the greatest...I think also it started some of my love for metal!! And the Tech Fight Song, your sooo right makes me tear up when I hear it!! Great post, Great songs!!

Stacy Chance said...

This is such a hard topic but you did great. What a sweet story about #1.

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

You haven't blogged in almost two weeks...what's up with that? Is Thatcher feeling okay?