This is such a hard topic. Truth be told, I am scared of everything. You name it, I'm scared of it. But, here are some of the biggies:
#1. Something being wrong with my son. And worse, something being wrong and me not knowing it. I seem to analyze his actions, his skin...everything thinking, "I wonder if that means he is sick..."
#2. Mice. I hate them. Stupid little creatures. When I was at church camp one ran across my foot. I hate mice.
#3. Someone finding their way into my house to hurt me, my family...or just to steal stuff. When I am at home I completely freak myself out. If Pat is gone for the night I have Thatcher stay in the room with me so I don't have to roam around the house alone. Oh, and I HATE going into the garage late at night if Pat is not around. So scary!! I know this fear is silly...we have two loud, crazy watchdogs in the backyard, and we have locks on every door and every window. Still, I freak myself out.
#4. That I am a crappy mom. I think all mom's fear they are not great. I am scared that I am somehow permanently damaging my kid, either physically or emotionally or something. Wouldn't that be horrible if he had to go to counseling one day because of me!!!
#5. The last one is the worst. I am scared that something horrible will happen to someone and the last words that we spoke were angry. You know, like if Pat or I leave the house angry with one another...what if something were to happen, like a car wreck, and we were fighting because I wanted to go to the park today and he needed to mow the lawn. HOW SILLY! I think that would be the worst thing ever...and I always think about it after I leave or he leaves and we are fighting.
Big Brother
15 years ago



6 comments:
You are such a good person, Ave. Just that you worry about these things makes you an amazing mommy and wife and person.
I think about #5, too.
Okay, first off, you're an amazing mom! I doubt my mommy skills all the time, though, too. But Thatcher is blessed that you're his mommy!
I totally agree with #1 and #5. You put it in perfect words. And we've talked about how we can freak ourselves out when we're home alone. I do that all the time!
I am totally with you, I don't want my kids to look back and say I had to go seek professional help because of you, oh I would just die! But really all we can do is LOVE EM as much as we can and the rest will fall into place!Right? Oh great now I am worried....:)
I totally relate to you number 5. I have the same fear!!!
totally agree with 4 & 5....
Post a Comment