CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 13, 2007

My Pet Peeves

Okay, here is what I hate.

#1. When I worked at Gap, I was a cashier a lot. I would always have to ask people for I.D. This is how it went:
Averi: Can I see your license?
Not-so-smart customer: Yes. (looking through purse) Hmmm...I can't find them.

Them? THEM?? How many do you have? Are you looking for your fishing license, too? Just because a word ends with the 's' sound, does not mean that it is plural.

#2. I hate it when rock stars say they "took it to the next level." I really have no good reason why, I just do.

#3. This one really isn't mine...it is Jake's. His biggest pet peeve is when people use the word "literally" when they should use the word "figuratively." His example is when a sportscaster says, "The quarterback literally carried the whole team on his back." Really sir? He carried that many men on his back. He must be strong!!!
I am sad to say that I have used this word incorrectly many times, but I really do watch it more because of good ol' Jake!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rollliiinnnnggg (me & Kristin in Houston)!!! I love the Gap pet peeve. I would have loved to have heard you AFTER the customer left :).
Have a great weekend!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I am laughing so hard! You crack me up!! These are great...

Britta said...

Dude. Those were funny.

Jennifer Adling said...

Quit hanging out with Jake!

Kerry Kern said...

So funny