CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wal-Mart Supercenter

I have to admit I haven't always been a fan of Wal-Mart. It always seemed so dirty and crowded. The employees were no help, and the customers were even worse! Still, I decided to give the new Wal-Mart (what I now refer to as "my Wal-Mart) a chance. I have since fell in love. It is big, beautiful, and rarely crowded. Today I took one of my many weekend journeys to Wally World. I needed a whole list of things...so off I went. As I walked in the door a sweet lady offered me her cart. This renewed my faith in the greatness that is Wal-Mart. "Thank you," I said.
As I entered the store I realized that the lady who I thought to be a kind, warm hearted soul was in fact a cold, cruel individual. The cart she had given had a bad wheel! And not just a wobbly wheel...it veered to the right constantly. It took all of my might to keep the cart on track. Grrrrr....Oh well, at least I was shopping.
As I filled my cart I noticed the steering worsened. As I added diapers, water, cereal, and veggies it became almost impossible to maneuver in and out of the isles. And then.....the dr. pepper. When I put a 12-pack on the bottom rack, I had to lift the back side in order to turn left. I was beginning to feel very frustrated and angry. Luckily, I had completed my shopping and was heading to check out. I noticed on my way that the steering was not quite as bad as before. I had obviously mastered this evil cart. "Way to not let the cart get you down!!" I said to myself. As I stood in line, I placed each of my items on the conveyor belt. Satisfied that I had everything I needed, I swiped my card and watched my total rise. Finally, the clerk asked me if I had everything I needed. "Wait!" I exclaimed. I had forgotten to take the dr. pepper out from beneath the cart. HUH?? It was gone. OOPS! It seems that I had lost the 12-pack somewhere in the store. Oh well....

6 comments:

Britta said...

I'm a big fan of the 82nd Street WalMart, too! It has won me over. The ave Q location is nice, too.

Jennifer Adling said...

I jsut cant go.....just can't. Probably has more to do with the customers than teh store itself. Oh well, at least I have Target!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I've been going to the new one on 4th and Q for quite a while. I feel like the isle's are bigger?! Walmart is tough, though...cheaper prices, but bad service...ugh! Remind me to tell you the story about Dustin in a Walmart a couple years ago. Let's just say it invloved a pile of poop in the store and his shoe!

Jamie Pitman said...

Averi, that cracked me up...thanks for the laugh!

Kerry Kern said...

Great story, can you call me in the evenings and give me a bedtime story, love it!! I have not been to Wal Mart in months--but I will try that location sometime

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Walmart rocks only if you go to the right Walmarts. I am so not scared of the one in Amarillo as it is right down the street from our home but I hated the one in Lubbock. I will have to visit the new one once I am home.