CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 27, 2006

Top 10

Here are my top 10 reasons for loving the holidays. (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!)

1. Of course, celebrating the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Sometimes I think we forget the "reason for the season."

2. Christmas Eve with the Davies family. I love it. I love exchanging gifts, seeing everyone, hearing the Christmas story...the whole thing. I have spent Christmas Eve at Ma-Mia's house every christmas I can remember. I can't imagine the holidays any other way.

3. Jenn and Eric's Christmas party. I swear I would stay home for New Year's Eve beforeI would miss the Christmas party. I am so excited about this year, especially. SO MUCH FUN! I will have on my boogie shoes!

4. Black-eyed peas. Now, you are thinking....is that more New Year's? Well, the only time my aunt Kelly makes them (at least that I have) is Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hate store bought canned black-eyed peas...but I love good fresh ones. YUMMO!

5. Midnight Mass with the Lewis family. I am not sure if we will make it this year, seeing as we have the Thatch man...but I really do love it. I had never been until I went with Pat. It is such a beautiful service.

6. Shopping. I love to shop....and this is such a good reason to shop and shop and shop. It is not always easy to find something for everyone...but I love it anyway. Even more fun this year to shop for Thatcher!!

7. Christmas morning with Kellyn and Blaze. I love to see their eyes light up with all that Santa brought them. Last year, Blaze's first words that morning were, "Goodness!!" I am so excited that soon I will get to see the same excitement in my own kid's eyes!

8. Mimosas with Mom and Kenda. This is a new tradition that we started last year. It is a fun addition to Christmas morning.

9. Christmas night with the Harlans'. Super fun! I hope we get to go this year. It is always fun to see people that we haven't seen since last Christmas. Last year we discovered that Christmas is all about ham and pron!

10. Getting gifts. Who are we kidding folks? It is super fun to open presents. LOVE IT!

11. (BONUS!!) I could not forget to add stockings. I love to see what Santa brings in my stocking every year. It is always fun little stuff. Kenda, my mom and I help Santa out with stockings. It is fun to shop for them, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can baby-sit little thatcher if you want to go to Mass....it wont be like we are going

You better not be all talk about this christmas party....I expect to see some fun from you!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I have some shopping to do...I so haven't thought about stockings. I can't wait!!

I cannot believe the Christmas party is in nine days! Fun times ahead!!!!!!!

Kim said...

That's a great Top 10 List...you should forward to the Letterman Show