CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mom (a.k.a Grammie)

It seems ridiculous for me to even attempt to list the reasons I love my mom, or that I think she is the best. The truth is, I agree with Britta...it is because she is MY MOM! So what if she likes sparkles and sequins a little more than me. So what if every time she decided to"experiment" with dinner, I suddenly was invited to eat at Morgan's. The truth is, she is the best. She is MY MOM! I think she is the best mom and Grammie ever! When I was little, I totally looked up to her. Then, around Jr. High I started to think she didn't know anything. By high school, I was sure of it. Then, one day, it hit me. All of those rules were for my protection. Bad things really do happen after midnight. You really can be "guilty by association." It seems I do feel healthier if I eat my veggies. (there are even doctors that will back her up on this one.) Now that I am a mother, I appreciate her even more. I know that I wasn't always the easiest kid to get a long with, but she did a great job. And for so many years, she did it alone. I can remember getting mad that I had to vacuum and do laundry...but it was because she was working a second job during Christmas for extra $$! I was so selfish, and I see that now. She was so loving and...okay, so she lost her patience sometimes...but who could blame her? I have so many great childhood memories all because of good ol' mom. So, Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I LOVE YOU!

--Love
Your favorite daughter!!


Look at skinny minny mom....
Hays never smiled it pictures...it's not a new thing....
Just me and Mom...
This is my fav! Doesn't she look like, "I wasn't going to open those...."

3 comments:

Kim said...

Love the picture of you three in the backyard!! Yep, mom's are really always right, it just takes us 20+years to figure it out!! Your mom is great!! Great Post!!!

Jennifer Adling said...

Cute baby picture....

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

That was so sweet, it made me cry.